Friday, September 26, 2008

Finishing 1st entry

Got to get the hang of this click and go stuff.


4) Why now? I have a decade change birthday Monday. My dear sister-in-law brought to my attention that my memory might not last forever (thanks sis). Actually I think I needed the blogging format. I have made comments to the blogs of my precious soldiers and find it easy to just blab away.


So here it is - part of the story of my life so my kids and anyone else who is interested in a tale can access and maybe, just maybe I will stop talking about this old s*** and have it out of my head and on to paper.

My language is far from dainty. When I was going through this journey, I used the spice of salty speech and from time to time, still do. I find the language of soldiers exciting, real and it hasn't changed from WWII to now. This would not be real nor a true reflection of how I spoke at the time if I edited it. This is, after all, war and the search for spirituality. This is also not a finished book - it is a blog to put down the past into the present. Hopefully you will not be looking for perfection - it ain't here.


No comments: